Community

Remote Utilities Viewer for Mac andLinux has been released. Send us your feedback and report bugs in this discussion thread.

How do you install RU Server for Ubuntu Server?

Randall Barker, User (Posts: 4)

Aug 04, 2017 10:17:48 am EDT

I am trying to host this from one of my other computers which runs Ubuntu Server. Is there any way I can install it on Ubuntu Server with Wine or is there a completely different way to install it for Ubuntu Server?
I currently get this error:
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x240000 0 0x23fca0 4 stub
err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2423)

Aug 04, 2017 12:02:58 pm EDT

Hello Randall,

Thank you for your post. Please, give me some time to consult our development and I will get back to you soon with an answer.

Aug 04, 2017 12:32:42 pm EDT

Okay. Thanks for the help.

Aug 05, 2017 1:47:37 am EDT

Hello Randall,

Here is a reply from our development:

"The program needs GUI. Won't work without X-server'.

Aug 05, 2017 9:19:01 am EDT

I try to save everything I have on Ubuntu Server and switch over to Ubuntu Desktop. It might take a year but I'm willing to do it for this program.

Aug 06, 2017 4:59:07 am EDT

Hello Randall,

Thank you! Sorry we don't yet have a full-fledged Linux support, but we'll do our best to add it in the future.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.