Forums

Five Questions

Nicodemus, User (Posts: 1)

Apr 24, 2014 5:14:19 am EDT

Hi guys, I'm trying the product to know if it suits my needs, and I found a little problem:

To make tests, I have viewer in a Vmware workstation virtual machine and host on an another Virtual Machine all on the same phisical computer.

On viewer I see the host computer but it appears offline until I use "refresh status option". its any option to make refresh status automatically every x seconds or minutes while viewer are running? I tried Autoping to know what computers are online but not work because the host use Internet ID (and on real case i will need internet id)

Also, When I installed the host by on click exe it sends correctly an email with the encrypted string but this string don't work on viewer add code option. I finally need to add the host to viewer manually by looking internet id and putting new password manually on host. Why?

Also, I Understand the security need to show the message advertising user of the mail being sent but... I don't want my email appears on the message! How to acomplish that?


Also, When I try to configure on click exe host to hide all, (try icon, start menu shortcuts etc) And then i need to reconfigure something directly from host, I can't. I tried to open the host installed exe file under remoteutilities directory but it shows an error. So, The only solution was uninstall host and reinstall with another reconfigured msi.

Finally, Searching your forums I see that you don't have an option similar to "browser viewer" like logmein or teamviewer has...it's planned to have it on your servers or on self hosted? and if yes, when?

Thanks a lot for your time and work.

Anton Kalugin, User (Posts: 210)

Apr 24, 2014 4:33:04 pm EDT

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Nicodemus wrote:
On viewer I see the host computer but it appears offline until I use "refresh status option". its any option to make refresh status automatically every x seconds or minutes while viewer are running? I tried Autoping to know what computers are online but not work because the host use Internet ID (and on real case i will need internet id)
In the future we will release a feature to check the availability of a computer with Internet-ID. But now you can right-click on a connection thumbnail and press Logon. Then if you go for Tools -> Options -> turn Update thumbnails feature on and sel ect the 5 seconds interval, you will be able to see, when your Host goes offline. But you should logon manually every time you restart Viewer or Host goes back online.

Nicodemus wrote:
Also, When I installed the host by on click exe it sends correctly an email with the encrypted string but this string don't work on viewer add code option. I finally need to add the host to viewer manually by looking internet id and putting new password manually on host. Why?
You are able to decrypt this string only with Viewer which you configured this OneClick. (Or you can transfer keys.dat file fr om %appdata%\Remote Utilities Files folder to the same folder on the other Viewer's PC). Please make sure that this is the same Viewer. If it is right, but you still can not do the dectyption, let me now.

Nicodemus wrote:
Also, When I try to configure on click exe host to hide all, (try icon, start menu shortcuts etc) And then i need to reconfigure something directly fr om host, I can't. I tried to open the host installed exe file under remoteutilities directory but it shows an error. So, The only solution was uninstall host and reinstall with another reconfigured msi.
You can execute "%Your_Host_Folder%\rutserv.exe /config" command fr om your command line launched as an administrator. This command will open Settings for Host window.

Nicodemus wrote:
Also, I Understand the security need to show the message advertising user of the mail being sent but... I don't want my email appears on the message! How to acomplish that?
User privacy always comes first for us. And user must know where their data were sent. We will not remove or change this window. As an option you could register an another email for this purpose.

Nicodemus wrote:
Finally, Searching your forums I see that you don't have an option similar to "browser viewer" like logmein or teamviewer has...it's planned to have it on your servers or on self hosted? and if yes, when?
This feature is in our plans, but not in the near future.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)