Community

Remove Old Viewer

Links used in this discussion
Ted Fryman, User (Posts: 3)
Aug 04, 2020 3:02:43 pm EDT
Support level: Free or trial
I'm trying to install the latest Viewer version but it coughs, chokes and dies because it can't uninstall the previous version.  It's looking for rut.viewer5.6en.msi in the profile Temp folder, which of course has been cleaned out many times.  I've searched for this file on the website and in this forum to no avail.  Is there a "clean-up" utility available?
Pauline, Support (Posts: 2848)
Aug 04, 2020 4:25:07 pm EDT
Hello Ted,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please clarify if you've tried performing a complete uninstallation of Viewer by following this uninstallation guide? If no, please try cleaning up the installation as described in the above guide and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if the issue persists.
Aug 04, 2020 9:19:36 pm EDT
Yes, trying to uninstall from the Programs area in the Control Panel is when I get the message that the uninstaller can not find the rut.viewer5.6en.msi  file.  So I either need  that MSI file or I need a "clean-up" utility that doesn't rely on that file.
Aug 05, 2020 10:23:13 am EDT
Hello Ted,

Thank you for your clarification.

Please try using this Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter by Microsoft. This tool helps you to automatically fix issues that block programs from being installed or removed.

Hope that helps.
Aug 05, 2020 11:05:45 am EDT
That did the trick.  It removed the old Viewer and I was able to install the new Viewer.
Aug 05, 2020 2:05:47 pm EDT
Hello Ted,

I'm glad to hear we were able to help!

Please feel free to post another message if you have more questions.

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)