Host icon is not visible in the system tray on the remote PC.
Here are possible causes:
- The Host is not running.
- The Host is installed and is running properly, but the icon is disabled in the Host settings.
- The Host was not installed properly and the program is functioning erratically.
- Reboot the remote computer. If the icon is still not visible, proceed to Step 2.
- Right-click the Windows taskbar, select Task Manager and click the Processes tab. Make sure that the
rutserv.exeprocesses are running. If they are not running, go to the Windows Start menu, navigate to All programs ➝ Remote Utilities - Host and select Start Host. If the processes are running but the icon is not visible, proceed to Step 3.
- Go to Windows Start menu ➝ All programs ➝ Remote Utilities Host ➝ Settings for Host ➝ Options and enable the Show icon in system tray option. Close the settings. If the icon is still not visible, proceed to Step 4.
- Perform complete Host uninstall and then install the Host. Reboot the Host PC after installation.