I forgot Host access password. What should I do?
There is no way to restore the Host access password once you have forgotten it. You should either set new password (recommended) or reset the entire Host settings.
Note that in either case you must have access to the Host computer while either being "physically" in front of it or by remotely connecting to it using another remote access software. You will NOT be able to change the Host password through Remote Utilities alone.
Solution 1: Change Host password
- Right-click on the Host icon in the system tray and select Settings for Host:
- Navigate to Authentication and click Change password...:
- Click Yes in the warning message:
- Enter and confirm a new password and click OK:
Solution 2: Reset Host settings
IMPORTANT: Using the method below you will reset all your Host settings, not just the password. Therefore, proceed with caution — you may need to review your Host settings after this procedure is completed.
- On the Host machine hit Win + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- Type in
regeditand hit Enter.
- In the Windows registry editor locate the registry key (entry)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Usoris\Remote Utilities Hostand delete it.
- The Host settings will reset to their default values.