I am currently testing the RU Server, and the only way to change the user's password that i found was through the Admin console, which means that the user needs access to the Admin console in order to change his/her password.
Is there a way for the user to change his/her password directly from the Viewer?
I bought a hundred licenses in 2014 of Remote Utilities version 5.6. Since then i have a high CPU problem (usage goes to 90-100% when i open "View Only" or "Full Control") on some machines.
I have lived with this issue until a couple months ago because there wasnt any critical server with this issue. Unfortunately when i installed It on some critical servers the problem appeared. Since then i tried to pinpoint the cause without success. I even installed the 6.6 trial version and It didnt work.
Is there any log that i can enable to t tell me exactly what is the problem?
I have machines affected with OSes ranging from Windows XP SP2 to Windows Server 2008.
Sorry for the delay. I did some installs, reinstalls with cleaning of the registry, and some tests. It follows some conclusions:
Version 5.6 - dont work (incompatibility - GetSystemTimes error)
Version 5.5 - dont work (incompatibility - GetSystemTimes error)
Version 5.4 - dont work (incompatibility - GetSystemTimes error)
Version 5.3 - it installs and runs fine, i can logon with 5.6 client, check the processes, open a command prompt, but i can`t see the screen. The error log of the Host show a message "encoding not supported" and the Client shows a message "this feature was disabled on the Security Setting of the Host".
Version 5.1 - it installs and runs fine, i can logon with 5.6 client, check the processes, open a command prompt, but i can`t see the screen. The error log of the Host show a message "encoding not supported" and the Client don't show any message at all, it just keep trying to load the remote screen (message "Loading Remote Screen...").
I tried changing changed the encoding to 8 bits and some other configurations but nothing worked.
I am considering using Remote Utilities as the default remote access tool in our company, but i have an issue. I really need to access 4 Windows 2000 machines. I already downloaded all the previous versions from the sticky and neither worked.
The versions 5.4 onwards simply don't work because of procedure GetSystemTimes ( a known issue with other softwares too). The versions 5.1 and 5.3 give me the error Error reading TROMServerOptions.<some property>: Property <some property> don't exist., with the <some property> changing depending on version.
I know that Windows 2000 is not supported, but i really need to access this machines and this tool has already filled all my other needs for remote access, so i am willing to try older versions of the host software until i can connect to this machines, even if some features (like remote commands etc) are not available.