Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.9 Beta - main discussion

Page:
Links used in this discussion

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2338)

Oct 09, 2018 1:49:44 pm EDT

Cristian Braun wrote:

I cant update the server because the MSI says its already installed.
I dont want to uninstall it before reinstall because im afraid to lose any config/address book/etc.

How would be the right way to update from beta 1 to beta 2?

Hi Cristian,

You are updating RU Server, correct? If you simply uninstall the server beta 1 using Windows control panel, restart the PC and then install beta 2. Your data will remain intact.

But if you are still unsure just use a safety net - copy (back up) the three data folders from server installation folder as well as the server registry entry. This is more information about where the server keeps it data:
https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/how-do-i-migrate-ru-server-self-hosted-server-to-another-pc/

Hope that helps.

AnrDaemon, User (Posts: 27)

Oct 09, 2018 6:07:16 pm EDT

If I get a reliable way to reproduce the issue… so far it's sporadic.

Cristian Braun, User (Posts: 32)

Oct 09, 2018 10:12:53 pm EDT

Conrad wrote:

Cristian Braun wrote:

I cant update the server because the MSI says its already installed.
I dont want to uninstall it before reinstall because im afraid to lose any config/address book/etc.

How would be the right way to update fr om beta 1 to beta 2?

Hi Cristian,

You are updating RU Server, correct? If you simply uninstall the server beta 1 using Windows control panel, restart the PC and then install beta 2. Your data will remain intact.

But if you are still unsure just use a safety net - copy (back up) the three data folders from server installation folder as well as the server registry entry. This is more information about wh ere the server keeps it data:
https://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/how-do-i-migrate-ru-server-self-hosted-server-to-another-pc/

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Now im facing another issue:

Command line parameters are not working on 6.9.3.0 version.
if i execute rutserv.exe /stop, nothing happens.
Same with /start or /restart

Can you confirm this?

Thank you again

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2338)

Oct 10, 2018 11:02:57 am EDT

Hi Cristian ,

We couldn't reproduce the issue. All three commands are working perfectly.

Could you show us the full syntax that you use in the command line (preferably a screenshot)?
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.