Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.9 Beta - main discussion

Page:

AnrDaemon, User (Posts: 27)

Oct 04, 2018 3:05:58 pm EDT

Conrad wrote:

Please, try deleting the Viewer configuration file (config_4.xml) in the %APPDATA% folder. It will be recreated again once you run the Viewer next time. Let's see if it fixes the access violation problem.

Started application with settings file removed, as you suggested. Only imported the license key. Did not restart the app.
It already EAV'd once on an attempt to connect to the machine.

Conrad, Administrator (Posts: 2078)

Oct 05, 2018 9:12:52 am EDT

Hello,

AnrDaemon wrote:

Suggestion: On the logon credentials page, turn "Use current security context" into a button instead of a checkbox.

Don't add to the  http://hallofshame.gp.co.at/controls.htm

Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to our development.

Started application with settings file removed, as you suggested. Only imported the license key. Did not restart the app.
It already EAV'd once on an attempt to connect to the machine.

Are you connecting the same version of the Host or is it an older Host yet?

Like Remote Utilities? Write a review

Oct 08, 2018 7:16:17 am EDT

I have a feeling that there's a suppressed crash on closing the main application with a chat window open.
The notable "blip" could be heard and the notification icon stays in tray area until you hover it.

Oct 08, 2018 7:54:22 am EDT

"This connection mode is disabled" - which "this" ? There's no mention of the attempted connection mode in the notification balloon or in the message dialog.
Change the title to something like "Access denied - <mode>", please.

Oct 08, 2018 8:58:41 am EDT

Conrad wrote:Are you connecting the same version of the Host or is it an older Host yet?

Wish I could connect to a new host. It says the access is denied/chosen connection mode disabled on host, no matter what I try.
Thank God I managed to enable RDP before starting these experiments.

The access is enabled for local Administrators group. The user I attempt to connect with is both a direct member of it and the member of Domain Admins group, which is also a member of it.

Oct 08, 2018 10:41:35 am EDT

Hello,

AnrDaemon wrote:

I have a feeling that there's a suppressed crash on closing the main application with a chat window open.
The notable "blip" could be heard and the notification icon stays in tray area until you hover it.

Do you mean the "mini-chat" (a built-in chat in the Full Control mode) or the regular Text Chat mode?

"This connection mode is disabled" - which "this" ? There's no mention of the attempted connection mode in the notification balloon or in the message dialog.
Change the title to something like "Access denied - <mode>", please.

It makes sense, thanks. I will add your suggestion to our wish list.

Wish I could connect to a new host. It says the access is denied/chosen connection mode disabled on host, no matter what I try.
Thank God I managed to enable RDP before starting these experiments.

The access is enabled for local Administrators group. The user I attempt to connect with is both a direct member of it and the member of Domain Admins group, which is also a member of it.

I assume that you are referring to using "Windows security" as your authentication method.

The user I attempt to connect with

That is, the user whose credentials you enter in the authorization prompt, correct?

Could you send me a screenshot of your Host settings, namely the window where you set permissions for the account that you then use to authorize on the remote Host. You can send the screenshot to support@remote-utilities.com.

Thanks.

Oct 08, 2018 6:01:11 pm EDT

chat crash?

I don't know the difference between "mini chat" and "full chat" (they look rather same to me), but for the sake of clarity, I right-clicked the connection and called "chat" mode, then minimized the chat window.
Then closed main app (viewer) and noticed the "blip" and a stuck balloon icon in tray.

access rights

This is the user that registered with the network. There's no way to force viewer to re-authenticate me to the remote system, as far as I can see.
Even if I ask it to "Log on" to an already logged in system, it may fail once (or may not), show authentication dialog, instantly gray it out and proceed to login without waiting for user input.

http://prntscr.com/l3r5wl

$ id | tr "," "\n"
uid=1051576(anrdaemon)
gid=1049089(Domain Users)
groups=1049089(Domain Users)
544(Администраторы)
545(Пользователи)
14(REMOTE INTERACTIVE LOGON)
4(ИНТЕРАКТИВНЫЕ)
11(Прошедшие проверку)
4095(CurrentSession)
66048(ЛОКАЛЬНЫЕ)
1049088(Domain Admins)
The user as which I connected to the network is currently authenticated to a different domain, which is put offline for testing purposes.
Only active DC is the one that the remote system is a member of. And if I connect with RDP to that problematic system, I correctly authenticate and can browse the active domain.

Oct 09, 2018 9:47:40 am EDT

EAV'd again in most generic of all circumstances. Simple attempt to connect to a remote system, auth is from the same domain the remote is a member of. No other domain controllers online.
Error report - Remote Utilities Viewer
---
Class: EAccessViolation
Text: Access violation at address 006E6A5F in module 'rutview.exe'. Read of address 00000010.
Version: 69013 (2)
Id: {5B2A6195-79A5-4492-B8D6-7E2F98186205}
Date: 09-10-2018 16-38-14
---
Info:
date/time          : 2018-10-09, 16:38:14, 434ms
computer name      : DAEMON2
user name          : anrdaemon
registered owner   : anrdaemon
operating system   : Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1 build 7601
system language    : Russian
system up time     : 4 days 16 hours
program up time    : 20 seconds
processors         : 4x Intel® Core™ i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
physical memory    : 10069/16345 MB (free/total)
free disk space    : (C:) 6.04 GB
display mode       : 1680x1050, 32 bit
process id         : $2bec
allocated memory   : 62.58 MB
largest free block : 1.12 GB
executable         : rutview.exe
exec. date/time    : 2018-09-23 01:51
version            : 6.9.3.0
callstack crc      : $afbd5b77, $b241c1f2, $b241c1f2
exception number   : 2
exception class    : EAccessViolation
exception message  : Access violation at address 006E6A5F in module 'rutview.exe'. Read of address 00000010.

main thread ($2f94):
006e6a5f +00f rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.IsFormSizeStored
006e6a45 +005 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.IsClientSizeStored
006e92f8 +5a4 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.CreateParams
005cda14 +034 rutview.exe  Vcl.Controls            TWinControl.CreateWnd
006e4d91 +005 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TScrollingWinControl.CreateWnd
006e9372 +00a rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.CreateWnd
005ce026 +016 rutview.exe  Vcl.Controls            TWinControl.CreateHandle
005d20a4 +01c rutview.exe  Vcl.Controls            TWinControl.HandleNeeded
005d20b1 +005 rutview.exe  Vcl.Controls            TWinControl.GetHandle
006e8110 +00c rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.GetMonitor
006e89b4 +088 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.SetWindowToMonitor
006e6dd4 +034 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.SetVisible
006ec0f3 +007 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.Show
006ec34c +170 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TCustomForm.ShowModal
772a0137 +02b ntdll.dll                            KiUserCallbackDispatcher
00fcbcec +008 rutview.exe  AuthForm       1332  +0 TfmAuth.SpecialShowModal$ActRec.$0$Body$ActRec.$0$0$Body
005457b2 +13a rutview.exe  System.Classes          CheckSynchronize
006f05c7 +76b rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TApplication.WndProc
00549248 +014 rutview.exe  System.Classes          StdWndProc
74be7885 +00a user32.dll                           DispatchMessageW
006f0f87 +0f3 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TApplication.ProcessMessage
006f0fca +00a rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TApplication.HandleMessage
006f12fd +0c9 rutview.exe  Vcl.Forms               TApplication.Run
011bf6b4 +078 rutview.exe  rutview         216 +16 initialization
76db343b +010 kernel32.dll                         BaseThreadInitThunk

cpu registers:
>> will be calculated soon

stack dump:

disassembling:

Cristian Braun, User (Posts: 31)

Oct 09, 2018 12:53:32 pm EDT

I cant update the server because the MSI says its already installed.
I dont want to uninstall it before reinstall because im afraid to lose any config/address book/etc.

How would be the right way to update from beta 1 to beta 2?

Oct 09, 2018 1:28:25 pm EDT

Hello AnrDaemon,

I don't know the difference between "mini chat" and "full chat" (they look rather same to me), but for the sake of clarity, I right-clicked the connection and called "chat" mode, then minimized the chat window.

I am sorry for not making it clear. The mini-chat is just an extension to the regular chat mode that you ran. Mini-chat looks like a panel at the right hand side of the Full Control window. It allows you to chat during a remote session without switching to the dedicated chat window. Here is more about the mini chat.

EAV'd again in most generic of all circumstances. Simple attempt to connect to a remote system, auth is from the same domain the remote is a member of. No other domain controllers online.

I think that it is time that we suggest having a remote session and helping you out directly. Unfortunately, there are no other ideas why this might be happening and we need to see your setup with our own eyes.

If this is an option for you, please let us know at support@remote-utilities.com and we will discuss the details.

Thanks!

Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.