Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.9 Beta - main discussion

Page:
Links used in this discussion

AnrDaemon, User (Posts: 27)

Aug 27, 2018 11:28:11 pm EDT

Were the inability to unassign more than one hotkey fixed for 6.9?

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2338)

Aug 28, 2018 11:12:55 am EDT

Hello,

AnrDaemon wrote:

Were the inability to unassign more than one hotkey fixed for 6.9?

Are you referring to this bug? If so, yes - it has been fixed in the beta.

Aug 28, 2018 2:01:58 pm EDT

Finally, after all these years…

James Morgan, User (Posts: 2)

Aug 31, 2018 6:25:15 am EDT

having major issues, McAfee VSE 8.8 Enterprise picks up the Beta viewer as a Trojan by default. so make sure added to exceptions list. also when i select all my clients and do a logon to see which clients are powered on the machines that are off then come up with a popup box that says attempting 1 of 5 to reconnect, whch then it crashes... please can this be removed.... On 6.8 when a client wasnt on it just did nothing, there is no need for this attempting to connect box. it just causes the whole thing to slow down and crash... this is a step back in my mind.

Aug 31, 2018 6:53:29 am EDT

Oh, they did not fixed THAT yet?
I told multiple times that ICMP PING is not an indication of running RMS server.

Sep 01, 2018 3:35:01 am EDT

Hello James,

having major issues, McAfee VSE 8.8 Enterprise picks up the Beta viewer as a Trojan by default.

We will send a false positive report to them.

also when i select all my clients and do a logon to see which clients are powered on the machines that are off then come up with a popup box that says attempting 1 of 5 to reconnect, whch then it crashes... please can this be removed....

This depends on the number of clients that you select for that operation, but generally we do not recommend this practice. Instead of logging on you can just look at the online status of a connection in your address book. Online status can be visible for both Internet-ID and local/direct connections, although to see it for the latter you must enable the corresponding check box in connection properties. Learn more about statues on this page.

Hope that helps.

Marco van den Bovenkamp, User (Posts: 3)

Sep 04, 2018 5:42:47 am EDT

I'm having an issue with 2-factor authentication. It looks like the time windows of the host and my Google Authenticator Android app are slowly drifting apart. It worked fine on first install, but by now the one time password GA gives me only starts working when the next OTP is already 'active' for 30 seconds or so.

Host time and phone time are both correct, so it's not that.

Is this a known problem? It does start working in the end, so it's not a dealbreaker, but it's odd.
Edited:Marco van den Bovenkamp - Sep 04, 2018 5:44:26 am EDT

Sep 04, 2018 8:37:56 am EDT

What about remote? Is its time synchronization set up properly?

Sep 05, 2018 3:04:44 am EDT

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your post. Please, make sure your phone and Host both synchronize their time from an online source, the option which is ubiquitous nowadays on all devices. Let us know if the problem persists.

Marco van den Bovenkamp, User (Posts: 2)

Sep 05, 2018 3:35:24 am EDT

Conrad, Anrdemon,

Both machines involved have the correct time (they sync with time.windows.com) and so does the phone Google Authenticator runs on (syncs with mobile network), and I use the same GA with other services without a problem.

So that's not it...

Regards, Marco.
Edited:Marco van den Bovenkamp - Sep 05, 2018 3:36:57 am EDT
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.