Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.9 Beta - main discussion

Page:
Links used in this discussion

AnrDaemon, User (Posts: 27)

Sep 05, 2018 7:34:49 am EDT

Excuse my persistence, but are they set up to synchronize or actually do synchronize?

Marco van den Bovenkamp, User (Posts: 2)

Sep 05, 2018 7:46:13 am EDT

That's actually a good question. They're setup to do it, but what I didn't know is dat they only sync once a week. So if they drift in different directions during that time, they might drift apart quite a bit, even if it all works as designed.

I'll look at it when I'm home in a few hours.

AnrDaemon, User (Posts: 27)

Sep 05, 2018 8:24:11 am EDT

Persuade w32tm to work in your favor.
I have my systems sync every 4 hours or so. Then again, I have an NTP source in local network.

Marco van den Bovenkamp, User (Posts: 3)

Sep 06, 2018 3:37:31 am EDT

AnrDaemon,

You were correct. w32tm was not setup correctly on the host machine and it was almost a minute off. Correctling its time fixed it. False alarm...

Regards, Marco.

Mark Ruenes, User (Posts: 3)

Sep 14, 2018 8:31:34 am EDT

I have the server set up on my home pc and I am synchronizing an address book to my viewer.  Recently I have lost my address book.  I had to build a new address book and import all my connections.  I just lost this one now.  Any ideas whats going on and how to fix it?  I'm running the latest beta.
Thanks!

Conrad, Support (Posts: 2371)

Sep 14, 2018 8:48:24 am EDT

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your message.

I just lost this one now.

Do you mean that you lost your address book on the Viewer computer (the local book, synced with the server) or the server book?

Any ideas whats going on and how to fix it?

By default the Viewer automatically keeps daily backups of your address books. You can find them in the program's %appdata% folder. Here is more information about backup process and how to restore your book(s).

Please, make sure that so long as you use Remote Utilities beta that you should also use Server 2.7 beta with it. You can find it on the same beta download page. The current stable server may not be fully compatible with RU beta.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sep 14, 2018 8:52:39 am EDT

The address book is completely gone on the server side.  My viewer cannot connect any longer to my server even locally.  I get username and password error.  The viewer shows a yellow exclamation on the cloud icon for the address book that is no longer there.  I have ESET and excluded the RU directories and don't show anything being deleted or quarantined.  

Thanks for the quick response.

Sep 14, 2018 9:00:59 am EDT

Hi Mark,

Perhaps, the server data files (including the address book) were indeed corrupted or deleted by antivirus software for some reason. While this might be strange (they cannot be malware even in theory), yet all too often antivirus software doesn't care much about whether their detections are right or by mistake.

Anyway, you should still have a backup of this book on the Viewer side. So you can restore everything. Here is the suggested process:

1. Make sure that you have the server 2.7 beta installed.
2. Set up a new address book sync just as you did earlier.
3. Locate your address book backup and import the book into the synced book in your Viewer (see Restoring, as the process is the same for synced books as well). This way you will go from bottom up - i.e. you will restore your server book from a backup on the Viewer side.

This should suffice, i.e. the sync process should work then as normal.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Sep 14, 2018 4:25:03 pm EDT

Ok, I rebuilt the address book. It has to be something on the server, and I'm running the latest beta.  Even my user account was gone.  Its like it wipes my whole server settings.  I remember now having to rebuild my user account last time it happened.  I will keep an eye on it and post if it happens again.

Sep 24, 2018 12:02:56 pm EDT

Hello everyone,

Beta 2 has been released. See release notes. The most importation addition was the "PIN" function that let's you protect your self-hosted server's Internet-ID "tunnel" from unauthorized use. Although this hasn't been a security vulnerability in any way, such use was still a nuisance (because of unknown Hosts hanging in the server connections list) and now it has been fixed.  

Later today or tomorrow we will publish a blog post that will explain in detail how the new features work.

Thanks!
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -4)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.