Community

[ Closed ] So far so good! EDITED: Found a bug

Links used in this discussion

Bobby Mills, User (Posts: 34)

Dec 03, 2014 8:27:47 pm EST

So far so good with the Beta version. Some good minor fixes and tweaks added. Installed the Viewer today, the Icon for Viewer is pinned to my Task-bar, it's just a white icon... no biggie there. Didnt see any real good tools for the Viewer to use though... kinda of a let down as for PC Information containing to Network Info/PC Security Status...ect which im sure will be in a later version... but it runs very well and efficiently, which is the BEST part. I am in a thought process of installing GMS 6.0 and upgrading a Host or 2 to test this baby out all the way..but it is important to keep a remote connection alive to them PC's... dont want a bug.. :P but its almost worth it. Anyways I will let you all know what I come across. Thanks again RU!

EDITED: Trying to modify a MSI package but it gives me a error saying that it is not a actual MSI package. (downloaded version 5.6 and version 6.0 of the Host from website) I am running the Beta Viewer.
Edited:Bobby Mills - Dec 03, 2014 8:39:08 pm EST (Found Bug)

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2406)

Dec 04, 2014 6:13:35 am EST

Hello Bobby,

Installed the Viewer today, the Icon for Viewer is pinned to my Task-bar, it's just a white icon... no biggie there.

Some Windows idiosyncrasy, no doubt  :) Perhaps, restarting the PC will help.

Didnt see any real good tools for the Viewer to use though...

The focus of this update was making address book management easier. But we'll keep adding new features to both Remote Utilities and RU Server.

kinda of a let down as for PC Information containing to Network Info/PC Security Status...ect which im sure will be in a later version..

This feature is on our roadmap for one of the minor 6.x updates.

I am in a thought process of installing GMS 6.0 and upgrading a Host or 2 to test this baby out all the way..but it is important to keep a remote connection alive to them PC's... dont want a bug.. :

Viewer 6.0 can connect to older Hosts. So you don't have to update all your Hosts all at once. Just update the Viewer and a couple of Hosts.

Also, you don't have to use RU Server (GMS) for all your connections. You can use it exclusively for the Hosts you are testing beta on. And of course, use it for testing the sync functionality.

A word of warning: Before you upgrade your Viewer, run Tools -> Export connections command in the Viewer to save your address book file somewhere as a backup. This way you'll be absolutely sure that whatever happens your address book is safe and you can always get back to it.

EDITED: Trying to modify a MSI package but it gives me a error saying that it is not a actual MSI package. (downloaded version 5.6 and version 6.0 of the Host from website) I am running the Beta Viewer.

Please, try this KB article http://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/207/

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.