Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.0 Beta - main discussion

Page:
Links used in this discussion

Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 49)

Dec 07, 2014 6:02:31 pm EST

Hi Conrad, I'm not sure it has anything to do with wake on lan specifically, I'm pretty sure I tested this when I had the issue with (8/8.1) and the wake on lan does work its just that i cannot login with remote utilities after it does wake up, so my sleep mode is definitely S3 and not some other type that doesn't allow wake on lan

I think it has more to do with waking the pc from sleep in general (no matter how its done local mouse, power button, wake on lan, etc.) as a remote user though wake on lan is my only option but as I mentioned I'm pretty sure I tested this by waking a pc locally then going to my remote utilities viewer station and seeing if I could connect... it still failed,

based on the password setting I mentioned it sounds like it has to do something with either ms accounts specifically or some type of authentication problem??

regardless of what the cause is I hope your developers can pinpoint and resolve it for good.

thanks again

Mike
Edited:Michael Taylor - Dec 07, 2014 6:16:09 pm EST

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2406)

Dec 08, 2014 6:02:29 am EST

Hi Michael,

Thanks. I've responded via the tickets.

Jeff Lowe, User (Posts: 5)

Dec 10, 2014 8:31:12 am EST

I had reported earlier about the Ctl+Alt+Del not working & now I have noticed that something strange is going on with keyboard input in general.  I noticed that I was not being able to login to Windows remotely because I kept getting a password not correct error. I could go to the computer keyboard & login fine.  Then I noticed after logging in locally that the Shift & Enter keys were not responding remotely but worked fine locally.  Even disconnecting & reconnecting to the remote host did not resolve the issue.  Rebooting usually helps but the problem pops up again later.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot this...

Dec 10, 2014 8:34:29 am EST

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the report. What operating system is on both ends?

Dec 10, 2014 4:20:02 pm EST

Jeff, we cannot reproduce the issue. Since it's the Server OS on the remote end, it looks very much like something with security policies or even antivirus software activity. In other words, something that gets in the way of Host operation (a policy, a program, a service running).

Jeff Lowe, User (Posts: 5)

Dec 10, 2014 4:28:46 pm EST

I would be inclined to believe that if this issue occurred with any other remote software.   [censored] was used some time ago & Bomgar never exhibits this issue. Even when the keyboard is misbehaving in a RU session. I can disconnect & startup a Bomgar session & the keyboard works as it should.

Dec 12, 2014 5:19:35 am EST

I would be inclined to believe that if this issue occurred with any other remote software. [censored] was used some time ago & Bomgar never exhibits this issue. Even when the keyboard is misbehaving in a RU session. I can disconnect & startup a Bomgar session & the keyboard works as it should.

One doesn't necessarily mean the other  :)  For example, AV software may treat some programs well and some not so well. Also , different remote control programs may use different libraries, methods, algorithms etc. that again are affected very differently by security policies on a specific PC.

P.S. Sorry, I accidentally edited your own message instead of quoting :)
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.