Community

[ Closed ] Version 6.0 Beta - main discussion

Page:
Links used in this discussion

Conrad Sallian, Support (Posts: 2406)

Dec 04, 2014 3:39:49 pm EST

Jeff Lowe wrote:
I checked & rechecked the RU Server address & passwords on all connections & they matched.  I also Removed passwords from all connections & unchecked use passwords in the RU Server & I still see the "!" & sync is still not working.

And how about remote connection via that RU Server? Is it working? Especially when Viewer and Host are on entirely different networks (separated by the Internet) and not both on the same LAN.

Michael Taylor, User (Posts: 49)

Dec 06, 2014 9:58:29 pm EST

does the new beta version support the windows 10 preview? I tested this on 2 pc's that are running the windows 10 preview and on both all I get when I attempt to connect is a black screen. I can see the desktop in the viewer preview window but when I actually launch the connection all I get is a black screen on both of my windows 10 test pc's

is there a way to fix this? a setting I'm missing? or is windows 10 preview not a supported platform?

thank you

Mike

Dec 07, 2014 7:34:12 am EST

Hello Michael,

We tested the new version with Windows 10 preview and it worked ok for us. Could you please try to enable the "Use legacy capture mode" in the Host settings and see if it helps.

Dec 07, 2014 3:45:39 pm EST

Hi Conrad,

yes that worked.. thank you. did you have to do the same on your test system? or did it work without having to use that setting?  will this be necessary going forward?

also does this have any effect on functionality or speed or anything?

Thank you

Mike
Edited:Michael Taylor - Dec 07, 2014 3:46:38 pm EST

Dec 07, 2014 4:39:21 pm EST

Michael Taylor wrote:

yes that worked.. thank you. did you have to do the same on your test system?

As far as I know, we didn't. This option helps when an older capture mode is used - I think it has something to do with specific Wnidows settings perhaps, or even a specific build. This is something very technical deep inside :)

also does this have any effect on functionality or speed or anything?

No. At least nothing we are aware of.

Dec 07, 2014 4:44:38 pm EST

unfortunately now I run into the same issue I did with windows 8/8.1.

I can wake the pc's via wake-on-lan but after it wakes up I cannot connect. this is exactly the issue I had with 8/8.1, in order to reconnect to host I need to stop and restart the remote utilities service and of course since I cant connect remotely this needs to be done at the pc itself and defeats the purpose of remote control software... this worked perfectly for all my windows 7 pcs,
I was hoping this new version would fix the issue but it still exists... I really like remote utilities but unfortunately due to this issue its unusable to me and I will need to find an alternative...  unless of coarse its fixed by the time windows 10 comes out.. I don't plan on running windows 7 forever

Dec 07, 2014 5:07:20 pm EST

Michael Taylor wrote:
unfortunately now I run into the same issue I did with windows 8/8.1.

Thanks for the info. I will create a support ticket and will answer to you via ticketing system.

Dec 07, 2014 5:18:35 pm EST

Hi Conrad,

I did a bit more testing, the issue with connecting after waking the pc seems to have something to do with the option to require a password when the pc wakes up. I changed that setting to not require a password when the pc wakes up and so far it seems to have resolved the issue. I will need to test it a bit more to be certain but so far it looks promising, however changing the setting to not require a password when waking the pc will weaken security. its not a big deal in my environment but it can be in other environments that require higher security.

but at the very least it should help you pinpoint the issue and hopefully come up with a resolution (fingers crossed)

more info that might be relevant: I have no problems entering windows/ms account username and password when the pc is rebooted/restarted this only happens after waking from sleep, also the user accounts are Microsoft accounts (not local accounts)

thanks

Mike
Edited:Michael Taylor - Dec 07, 2014 5:25:50 pm EST

Dec 07, 2014 5:30:21 pm EST

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the update. That might help indeed. We'll check it out then.

Dec 07, 2014 5:33:35 pm EST

By the way, this information may shed light on the issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2776718
Page:

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.