Forums

Can I continue to control my pc if I select "blank host's screen" ?

alex sullivan, User (Posts: 2)

Jul 14, 2013 3:36:18 pm EDT

Hi everyone , Sorry my english isnt good.I'm wondering something

1- What exactly blank screen option does ? Can I continue to control my remote pc even if I select "blank host's screen" option ? Can People on the remote side see what I'm doing ?

2- I tried remote webcam option but I get black screen.I installed two codec packs on server-wiewer but it didn't work. Remote pc is a win8 laptop with built-in cam and my pc is win7.

Thanks a lot
Edited:alex sullivan - Jul 14, 2013 3:39:12 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian, Administrator (Posts: 1163)

Jul 14, 2013 3:57:48 pm EDT

Hello and thank you for your questions.

1. When the Blank Screen option is on, the image on the remote monitor turns white (blank) so the remote user cannot see anything. However, the administrator who is being connected remotely to that PC can still see everything. This option is helpful when the administrator doesn't want to share the information they enter/view with the user sitting at the remote computer.

2. Press the "Play" button on the toolbar in the remote camera mode window and wait a couple of seconds for the video to initiate. If it says "no codecs installed" just follow this KB article http://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/111/ to update the codecs.

Hope that helps.

alex sullivan, User (Posts: 2)

Jul 14, 2013 4:26:35 pm EDT

Conrad Sallian wrote:
Hello and thank you for your questions.

1. When the Blank Screen option is on, the image on the remote monitor turns white (blank) so the remote user cannot see anything. However, the administrator who is being connected remotely to that PC can still see everything. This option is helpful when the administrator doesn't want to share the information they enter/view with the user sitting at the remote computer.

2. Press the "Play" button on the toolbar in the remote camera mode window and wait a couple of seconds for the video to initiate. If it says "no codecs installed" just follow this KB article http://www.remoteutilities.com/support/kb/111/ to update the codecs.

Hope that helps.
Conrad,

Thank you very much for your reply.This is exactly what I was looking for. :)

* Website time zone: America/New_York (UTC -5)