Registering Free Edition
Please, follow the steps below to generate your free license for business and home use. You will be able to register up to 10 remote PCs with this license.
If the built-in license key generator doesn't work for you (e.g. due to firewall restrictions), use this online key generator
Before you start, make sure that:
- You have installed the Host on the remote PC/PCs and the Viewer on the local (administrator) PC
- You have a working Internet connection on the Viewer PC.
- The remote PC is accessible at the moment of registration, i.e. you must be able to connect to it using Remote Utilities. For help with establishing a connection please check this tutorial.
- Open the Viewer, select the Help tab and click the License Key Storage button. The License Key Storage window will open:
- Click the Get Free License button, enter your name and e-mail in the dialog window and click OK:
- Your free license will be generated and put into the License Key Storage. Click OK and close the License Key Storage window.
Note: The License Key Storage is just a place to store your product keys. However, in order to register the product you must apply the product key on remote Hosts (see below).
Registering Remote Hosts
- In the Viewer, create a connection entry for the remote PC that you want to register. To create a new connection click on the green plus button Add new connection at the top left of the window, enter connection name and its IP address or ID and click OK.
- Right-click on the connection entry and select the Register Remote Host command from the context menu.
- The Enter Password dialog will appear. Enter the access password for the remote PC (you must create the password during Remote Utilities Host installation) and click OK:
- In the Register Remote Host dialog, select your free license (this field is populated from the License Key Storage) and click OK:
- A thank you message shows that you have successfully registered the remote PC:
Repeat the steps 4-8 for every remote PC you want to register. The "Register Remote Host" command also works on multiple selections (use your mouse pointer to select multiple Hosts).
« Back to Tutorials